WAPT & WIDA-Screener
- W-APT stands for the WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test. It is an English language proficiency "screener" test given to incoming students who may be designated as English language learners. It assists educators with programmatic placement decisions such as identification and placement of ELLs. The W-APT is one component of WIDA's comprehensive assessment system. Beginning SY 2017/2018, only Kindergarten students will be assessed with the W-APT assessment.
- The WIDA Screener is an English language proficiency assessment given to incoming students in Grades 1–12 to assist educators with the identification of students as English language learners (ELLs). The purpose of this assessment is to help educators make decisions about whether a student is a candidate for English language support services. Beginning SY 2017/2018, students in grades 1 - 12 will be assessed with the WIDA-Screener.
- Access for ELL students is a secure large-scale English language proficiency assessment administered to Kindergarten through 12th grade students who have been identified as English language learners (ELLs). It is given annually in WIDA Consortium member states to monitor students' progress in acquiring academic English. ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 is only available to Consortium member states.
- The WIDA Consortium will begin administration of the new summative assessment from grades 1–12. An online assessment will replace the earlier paper-based assessment, ACCESS for ELLs, although a paper-based assessment will continue to be available according to each state's guidelines. For more information regarding a specific state’s guidelines, please visit the WIDA member states' pages. The Kindergarten and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs assessments will not change from previous years and remain paper-based.
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 is aligned with the WIDA English Language Development Standards and assesses each of the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP) Early Reading and ISIP Lectura Temprana are sophisticated, web-delivered computer-adaptive testing (CAT) systems that provide continuous progress monitoring (CPM) by frequently assessing and reporting student ability in critical domains of reading and Spanish early reading, respectively, throughout the academic year.
Standards Based Assessment (SBA) for Science
The SBA for Science is administered to students grades 4, 7 and high school. It is a computer based assessment.
Information regarding practice tests is on the website below:
PARCC is the formative state mandated assessment administered in the spring of each school year. All students, regardless of income, family background or geography, should have equal access to a world-class education that will prepare them for success after high school. New state standards set consistent expectations in English language arts/literacy and mathematics for every student, and the PARCC tests provide a valid and reliable evaluation of each student’s progress toward them. In fact, recent independent studies have found that PARCC aligns to the standards and assessment criteria that matter most.
States can administer PARCC in English language arts/literacy and mathematics for grades 3-8 and high school. The tests are fully accessible and were were developed based on years of research and development.
End of the Course Assessment (EOC)
End of the Course Exam (EOCs) serve as the final exam when a course has been completed. In the elementary schools, EOCs are administered to 5th graders who have taken PE, Art/Music. They are administered at the middle school level and the high school level, serving as the final exam of a completed course. EOCs may be administered at the end of the first semester for students who have completed a course at that time. For some of our schools, EOCs are administered quarterly for those students who have completed a course within that time frame.
2017-2018 Assessment Calendar
All Middle and High Schools
Reading Inventory - MOY
Reading Inventory Assessment for Grades 6 - 11Assessment
High School ONLY
PARCC Retakes - HS (Seniors) Only
PARCC Retakes for HS (mainly Seniors) OnlyAssessment
End-of-Course (EOC) for Semester Courses/Retakes
End-of-Course assessment for courses that end at semester and Senior retakesAssessment
Interim Assessment - Quarter 2
Interim Assessment for Grades 1 - 11Assessment
All Elementary Schools
iStatoin Assessment for Grades K - 5Assessment
Annual assessment for English Learners (EL)Assessment